Thursday, January 10, 2013

Topic Proposal for Essay


1.       Title: Go Green

2.       Topic: Environmental problems

3.       Personal Connections: I’m interested in this topic because I want to help protect the environment and find ways to reduce pollution.

4.       Audience: This is an important topic in the world today, and other people interested in helping the environment might find it very interesting. 

5.       Purpose: After someone reads my essay, I want them to be informed of the harm caused to the environment and know how they can do something to help make the planet more environmentally friendly.

6.       Classification or division: Division because I’m breaking up the topic of the environment into different parts.

7.       Potential categories: Pollution, harm to people animals, how damaging the environment affects our daily lives, how to help clean up the environment, positive effects that a clean environment has had in the past, little tasks that people can do daily to help reduce damage to the environment.

8.       Examples: Under the pollution category, some examples would be pollution of water and land, what causes pollution, and how we can limit it.  I would give examples of factories (run-off) and recycling.

9.       Techniques: History: I can give the history of pollution and how it has shaped our planet, Definition: define pollution, Compare and Contrast: an environment with/without pollution and the benefits of a clean environment, and Listing: listing different sources of pollution, types of pollution, and ways we can help.

10.   Potential problems: I will need to research the examples so that I can be more specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment